Software Management call for RFEs

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu May 23 18:08:49 UTC 2013

Am 23.05.2013 19:48, schrieb Panu Matilainen:
> On 05/23/2013 08:32 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>>
>> Am 23.05.2013 18:05, schrieb Sandro Mani:
>>>      or skip manpages/docfiles as default or at least
>>>      controlled by a option in "yum.conf"
>>>
>>> tsflags=nodocs in yum.conf should do the job. Though apparently, if enabled after packages already installed files
>>> in doc, the files in doc won't be removed anymore when uninstalling the package
>>
>> and apparently also not at updates and also not by "yum reinstall"
>> which leaves no clean way to get rid if it and additionally
>> i am not sure if "tsflags=nodocs" also avoids /usr/share/man
>> and not only /usr/share/doc
>
> Yum's tsflags=nodocs aka --excludedocs on rpm cli only applies to package installation. I fail to see how it could
> cause files to be left behind on erasure/update (reinstall might be a bit, uh, special though), but if it does then
> please file a bug on rpm with exact reproducer steps

the much cleaner solution would be as said split packages to <packagename>
and <packagename-manuals> and "tsflags=nodocs" is only a hack and if we
speak about "Software Management call for RFEs" it would make a lot of sense
if someone uninstalled the man-packages itself  not pull "-manuals" as trigger