[ACTION REQUIRED] Retiring packages for Fedora 19

Paul Wouters pwouters at redhat.com
Sun May 26 16:36:52 UTC 2013

On Sun, 24 Feb 2013, Bill Nottingham wrote:

> Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 05:19:43
> From: Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com>
> To: devel at lists.fedoraproject.org
> Subject: [ACTION REQUIRED] Retiring packages for Fedora 19
>
> Before we branch for Fedora 19, as is custom, we will block currently
> orphaned packages and packages that have failed to build since Fedora 17.

> Package openswan (orphan)

> Removing: openswan
>    NetworkManager-l2tp requires openswan = 2.6.38-11.fc19
>    NetworkManager-openswan requires openswan = 2.6.38-11.fc19

openswan is deprecated by libreswan in rawhide and Fedora 18.

Due to some timing between migration, testing and CVE releases, I was
not able to get the libreswan package in f19 before the freeze. But I
can also no longer build openswan packages because it has been obsoleted:
in rawhide/f18.

I guess I should request releng/fesco for an exception to get it into
f19 despite the freeze? The libreswan-3.3-1.fc19 build already exists.

The NM packages should then be rebuild/renamed to depend on libreswan,
and should work without other modifications.

Paul