Software Management call for RFEs

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Mon May 27 09:12:22 UTC 2013

Le Dim 26 mai 2013 11:10, Lars Seipel a écrit :
> On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 09:34:32AM -0400, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
>> I think this can be addressed by moving the metadata updates to a
>> different function, and calling it *separately* only as needed. The
>> Debian "apt" tool does this quite effectively.
>
> You can kind of simulate that by forcing yum to run from cache only. Use
> the -C flag for that.

But the basic reason stands: yum only handles well perfectly synced repos,
and workarounds this by trying to get the freshest metadata all the time.
If yum's error handling was better, it would not fail as soon as there is
the slightest sync error, a semi-stale repo, a caching proxy, etc, etc

--
Nicolas Mailhot