[ACTION REQUIRED] Retiring packages for Fedora 19

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon May 27 21:01:56 UTC 2013

On Sun, 2013-05-26 at 12:36 -0400, Paul Wouters wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Feb 2013, Bill Nottingham wrote:
>
> > Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 05:19:43
> > From: Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com>
> > To: devel at lists.fedoraproject.org
> > Subject: [ACTION REQUIRED] Retiring packages for Fedora 19
> >
> > Before we branch for Fedora 19, as is custom, we will block currently
> > orphaned packages and packages that have failed to build since Fedora 17.
>
> > Package openswan (orphan)
>
> > Removing: openswan
> >    NetworkManager-l2tp requires openswan = 2.6.38-11.fc19
> >    NetworkManager-openswan requires openswan = 2.6.38-11.fc19
>
> openswan is deprecated by libreswan in rawhide and Fedora 18.
>
> Due to some timing between migration, testing and CVE releases, I was
> not able to get the libreswan package in f19 before the freeze. But I
> can also no longer build openswan packages because it has been obsoleted:
> in rawhide/f18.
>
> I guess I should request releng/fesco for an exception to get it into
> f19 despite the freeze? The libreswan-3.3-1.fc19 build already exists.

What freeze are you referring to? I believe the Beta freeze has now been
lifted, and Final freeze will not hit until 06-18. I think you could
happily submit libreswan-3.3-1.fc19 to updates-testing and eventually to
stable right now with no special permissions or privileges.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey