Software Management call for RFEs

Alek Paunov alex at declera.com
Tue May 28 08:39:35 UTC 2013

On 28.05.2013 09:51, Jan Zelený wrote:

> I couldn't agree more. But as I have said, we need to find the most simple and
> unintrusive things that can be done to improve this. For instance: file lists
> take a considerable portion of the entire metadata size. But if we were to
> remove them, things like "yum install /usr/bin/vim" would not work any more.
> And you get similar scenario with almost all the metadata that we store - we
> store them for a reason and without them some things that people use will not
> work.

Not so unintrusive, but would it be acceptable if we merge all .sqlite
DBs from all repos in a single .sqlite with tree-like schema? Let say we
achieve overall size reduction by factor of 4, at the price of more
complicated but faster SQL queries. [I hope that such a change will also
make the incremental by the XML sources easier]

I am going to experiment this, if make sense ...