Daily package ownership changes?

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Tue May 28 20:02:17 UTC 2013

On 05/28/2013 03:17 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> 5) update to new upstream versions in Rawhide - a tool could do bump
> the spec,  do scratch builds automatically of newer versions, if that
> works ask the maintainer to apply a diff after reviewing the changes.
> I suppose. It doesn't seem like it's that hard for a maintainer to
> notice this and do that if thats all thats involved.
It quickly adds up if you are (co-) maintaining dozens of packages which
is not atypical in Fedora and it is fairly boring work that could be
mostly automated freeing up time to fix bugs or whatever else that is
more involved.

> What items do you see needing in the web ui?

I found a number of features in the old Fedora community UI really
useful and the only reason I didn't continue using it because of the
very slow UI.   List of open bugs in all of the packages I maintain, the
ability to see which package version is in which release across packages
etc (ie) all the package maintainer specific views as opposed to package
specific views that is in https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/.  All
of these could be done without the web UI but it is far more convenient
to have a single location to get all the info necessary to maintain
packages.

>> 11) automatic period rebuilds in rawhide to highlight FTBFS issues
>> aren't done as often anymore
> Can you expand on this? Not sure what you mean?

What Matt Domsch was doing for
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fails_to_build_from_source

> You mean, just that the file exists in repodata? Or?

Make sure we are not abusing file dependencies when we could be
depending on the packages directly. Essentially a way to ensure we are
following

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines?rd=Packaging/Guidelines#File_Dependencies

Oh and one more thing, some process to keep track of un-upstreamed
patches and making sure we do that on a regular basis will be useful.
I have seen several packages in Fedora git which have unapplied patches
still in the repo and that could be automatically checked and removed as
well.

Rahul