The official way to upgrade F18 to F19

Ravindra Kumar ravindrakumar at vmware.com
Thu May 30 01:20:27 UTC 2013

> If folks think we shouldn't make 'fedup --network 19' work now to
> upgrade people to branched/prerelease, please scream. ;) Otherwise it
> will be the case from now on.

Probably, 'fedup --network 19' should not install alpha/beta
releases automatically, instead a switch to specifically select
a prerelease would be a better choice. That gives more control
to the user. I mean 19 should mean Fedora 19 and may be you
could use something like 19a/19alpha, 19b/19beta etc for alpha,
beta releases respectively. Or, just 19pre for latest prerelease
to be simpler.

Thanks,
Ravindra