Info in Konqueror

Jan Kratochvil jan.kratochvil at redhat.com
Thu May 30 11:36:50 UTC 2013

On Thu, 30 May 2013 11:25:36 +0200, Björn Persson wrote:
> Looking through the manuals of GDB, GCC and Make, I get a seemingly
> random mixture with some paragraphs in a Courier-like font with a fixed
> line length, and some paragraphs in a variable-width sans-serif font
> and adapting to the width of the window. I wouldn't exactly call that
> "proper fonts". Apparently the converter tries to guess which
> paragraphs are prose and which are code blocks, but its criteria are no
> better than flipping a coin.

While not advocating Texinfo and its output formats at least for GDB (and
I guess also for other GNU projects) there is a significant amount of work
spent on having it right incl. its formatting.

I can't speak for Konqueror .info display but at least these files should have
the formatting right.  If it is not right please file a specific Bug (possibly
upstream):
	/usr/share/doc/gdb-doc-*/gdb.html
	/usr/share/doc/gdb-doc-*/gdb.pdf

wrt Fedora packaged documentation formats there was a proposal:
	[Fedora-packaging] HTML format preferred over INFO documents
	http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/packaging/2011-February/007634.html
->
	https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/HtmlDocs

but the discussion died; anyway I at least package info + html + pdf in gdb-doc
as there were requests for each of these formats.

Regards,
Jan