F18 updates break pungi-created media

Jos Vos jos at xos.nl
Fri May 31 22:10:32 UTC 2013

Hi,

When I create a DVD image with pungi with an own package selection,
the image works fine and starts the graphical installer when I only
use the F18 release repository.  But when I also add the F18 updates
repository, the graphical installer doesn't start anymore and at that
moment I get a login prompt.  Installing via VNC works fine in either
case.

When I login at the login prompt, I see a "[Xorg] <defunct>" with
"python anaconda" as parent.and in /tmp/anaconda.log I see
"X startup failed, falling back to text mode" (which isn't true,
no fallback is done).

Any suggestions about how solve this problem and/or how to find out
what is exactly causing it?

I'm testing the DVD images with KVM on F18 and RHEL6 (same behavior).

Thx,

--
--    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>