Is Gnome Software ready for primetime ?

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Fri Nov 1 07:03:46 UTC 2013

On 11/01/2013 04:58 AM, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> On Fri, 2013-11-01 at 04:19 +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
>> Having as the only GUI package management application on your spin one
>> that
>> does not even offer all packages is very broken.
> It isn't a *package* management application. It's an *application*
> management application, ie., it only handles packages that are desktop
> applications (and therefore have desktop files associated with them).
Why would this be useful? Just to be "fashionable"?

> I'm guessing power users that want to install other packages will need
Pardon, but this sentence really causes my blood to boil!

Why?

Those people you are *offending* as "power users", to me, are "ordinary"
users.

That said, what you are doing here, to me qualifies as playing down a
functionally crippled piece of SW.

Ralf