Packages have "proxy" word.

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 08:02:24 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 3:42 AM, Christopher Meng <cickumqt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Censorship? I think we have no reason to change the package name
> because of some governments‘ being evil.

Well there are different ways to solve it then to rename the package.
Having the user use a vpn, ssh tunnel or a proxy is one thing but
requires user action. Another solution would be to have redirects on
the mirrors based on lets say the hash value of the package name ... I
doubt any country would censor a string like
"d799bae6088a90139b415fccb011d540531df83b" (sha1 of "proxy") ... the
question is whether this is worth the effort or not.