gnome software shell search provider? [Re: Is Gnome Software ready for primetime?]

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 15:35:18 UTC 2013

On 1 November 2013 15:31, Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> wrote:
> So if it has a session service, and a shell provider integration, does that
> mean we do overlays/highlighting on applications with updates pending in the
> shell

We don't do that at the moment, but we could add that as a feature in
[upstream] bugzilla as gnome-software knows when an installed
application has an update pending. I'm not sure if the current search
DBus interface allows that, but it's a sane request.

> right-click->update in the app menu list, and other fun stuff like that?

Not update, we do all updates offline now.

Richard.