OpenH264 in Fedora

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at gnome.org
Sat Nov 2 17:01:09 UTC 2013

Another important point is that future versions of Firefox will download
and "install" (I'm not quite sure where) the binary from Cisco's
website, unless some about:config setting is disabled. I imagine this
could possibly mean H.264 will work only in Firefox but not other
browsers, which would suck.

On Sat, 2013-11-02 at 11:23 -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> And for people that don't need to worry about software
> patents or who don't worry about practising them without proper
> licensing,
> they can use x264 from RPMFusion.
I care very much about Fedora's default user experience. By definition,
RPMFusion plays no role in that. (No disrespect intended to the
RPMFusion devs.) Also remember that you only need to buy an H.264
license if you're distributing thousands of copies.