gnome software shell search provider? [Re: Is Gnome Software ready for primetime?]

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Sat Nov 2 22:21:34 UTC 2013

On Sat, 2013-11-02 at 17:46 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:

> So, really, it's this related point that I'm concerned about now. We _need_
> to do these things in coordination, not just push a situation into F20 where
> we are telling our users to reboot everyday -- that's a pretty bad user
> experience. Even weekly feels like a lot.

Then change the way that updates to the released distribution are
treated. As long as we don't constrain the constant stream of barely
tested updates, we *are* pretty much forcing our users to restart their
system frequently.

We will look at allowing non-offline updates of applications when we
have applications that are truly standalone and separate from the OS
itself.