Draft Product Description for Fedora Workstation

Christian Schaller cschalle at redhat.com
Sun Nov 3 02:44:04 UTC 2013

The PRD avoids these questions by design. To often open source discussions end up
being discussions about the merits of the means as opposed to the actual goals.

It should be a sobering notion that for all the years when the community discussed
if the a successful desktop should be implemented in C or C++ we ended up having our
collective thunder stolen by a desktop written in Objective-C. There are some lessons
to be learned from that (and to be clear I don't think the lesson is that Objective-C is
a 'better' language).

So while of course there does come a point for drilling down into implementation detail,
the suggestion I got from various FeSCO members, and which I thought very sensible,
 was to avoid that being the starting point.

Christian