Draft Product Description for Fedora Workstation

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Nov 3 14:51:44 UTC 2013

Am 03.11.2013 15:43, schrieb Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller:
> So I am not saying that clean code and maintainability and ease of
> development is not important, but I think being a community dominated by
> coders we tend to put way to much emphasis on these things compared to
> actually solving peoples needs

the community *are* the people

so no, focus in the imaginary "people" outside the community is plain
wrong, Fedora does not need to make marketing like Apple and Microsoft

a free distribution is in the position making technical correct
decisions without take care about marketing and try to get every
single person out there as user with all bad impact of the
needed compromises

so please be careful with "peoples needs" to not throw away
the advantage of a Linux distribution while fulfill needs of
imaginary people while tend ignore the existing userbase