Draft Product Description for Fedora Workstation

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 19:25:02 UTC 2013

Hi

On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 1:57 PM, Mateusz Marzantowicz

Do I understand correctly that first problem could be solved by

> stabilizing APIs used in various Linux projects? Because developers
> don't want stabilizationt they invent workarounds like sandboxes?
> Wouldn't it be easier to have stable API for some period of time?

You mean ABI and not API but your question is answered already in the
comments at
http://blogs.gnome.org/alexl/2013/02/01/developer-hackfest-status/

" Ideally we *do* want most app to share the system libs, but only those,
not the non-core libraries of varying ABI stability and quality. This way
we can work hard to make the core 100% ABI backwards"

Rahul