bad use of "Dist Tag" in some packages of rawhide

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 14:44:20 UTC 2013

On Mon, 4 Nov 2013 13:31:00 +0100, Dridi Boukelmoune wrote:

> Now I'm in doubt, I'll double check that this evening. Also, do we
> want diverging releases for sub-packages ?

There may be use-cases.

A second Release tag in the spec file redefines %{release} for the
remainder of the spec file, so there is a certain risk.

See  https://bugzilla.redhat.com/789330  for one example. Interestingly,
it's a subpackage that isn't built currently. I've submitted a fix for
rpmdev-bumpspec, but macro-madness in a spec file remains a weak spot.