Draft Product Description for Fedora Workstation

Josh Boyer jwboyer at fedoraproject.org
Mon Nov 4 19:43:07 UTC 2013

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 2:34 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

> Am 04.11.2013 20:26, schrieb drago01:
>>>
>>> And how is this Fedora's problem? We don't take years to ship new libraries.
>>
>> Read my mail again and try understand what is all about (hint: Fedora
>> is not the only distribution that exists)
>
> and why do different distributions exist?
> guess what: because they have different goals and userbases
>
> otherwise we could join all distributions in a big one with
> doing all but nothing good
>
> i started to *really* use Fedora at a time where Ubuntu got
> really popular and i took Fedora and built a ecosystem around
> it because Fedora is waht it is - don't taint that

The addition of a new piece of functionality does not immediately
taint or modify the core of what Fedora is.  Maybe instead of just
steadfastly asserting there should be no Change, you could work _with_
people as they try to include Change to address specific needs that
aren't being met.

Successful distros are evolutionary projects.  There is no "done" or
"final state" with them.  That doesn't mean they rip out the core
concepts and start over, but it does mean they adapt to new usecases
and challenges as they come up.

josh