Draft Product Description for Fedora Workstation

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Nov 4 20:47:40 UTC 2013

Bastien Nocera wrote:
> When my application runs on all Fedora distributions without changes? No.
> I wasn't talking about core apps that are tightly integrated to the
> desktop, just of the time it took for somebody to package up
> "office-runner" from my 1.0 release to it being in the distribution.

Leaf packages are actually the ones updated most quickly if the maintainer
is responsive. Here, you are talking about a new package though. And the
problem here was that it had taken almost 2 years for somebody to submit it
for review, why haven't you done that back when you wrote the tool? It's not
like that program is hard to package.

        Kevin Kofler