Old kernels from FC19

Josh Boyer jwboyer at fedoraproject.org
Tue Nov 5 01:40:13 UTC 2013

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 5:10 PM, Łukasz Trąbiński <lukasz at trabinski.net> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Where i can find old kernels from fc19 updates?
>
> Last 5-6 kernels are totally unstable and unusable.
> For example,  when i boot machines with many ethernet devices I got random
> number ethX. Once eth0 is eth0, after reboot eth0 is eth1. After again boot
> eth1 is eth1 and so on. After 1-2 hours machines totally hangs.

The eth reordering isn't because of the kernel.  Naming and module

The hangs are a different matter.  If you have backtraces, please file
bugs.  If you don't, please consider installing kernel-debug to see if
you can get more debug data, or try to figure out what causes the hang
and then file a bug.

> After many years of use Fedora (from fc1 and redhat 4.2) i have to switch to
> centos...

That's a choice you can make.  I'll just caution that the issues
you're seeing are likely not specific to the Fedora kernel and that
you'll hit similar issues with any flavor of newer kernel you use.  We
really don't carry many patches on top of upstream, and those that do
are usually queued for upstream already.  Dropping back to a kernel
that is many versions old can help, but it won't last.

josh