Draft Product Description for Fedora Workstation

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Tue Nov 5 22:02:22 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-11-05 at 16:32 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:

> > Right, that's exactly what I was saying. I just think this is all the
> > _original poster_ was talking about, not any kind of automatic
> > configuration of such repositories. (Or at least, you can read it that
> > way).
>
> OK.  I guess that's fine, but it seems like a non-goal to me.  I mean,
> it already works that way.  All adding it to the PRD would do would
> make an easy thing to check off the list as "met".

I would actually like to go a little further, and make it easy to enable
'clean' third-party repositories. If we imagine a future where e.g.
valve is hosting a repository with their steam client, or say, the
chromium web browser is available from the a fedora people page, I would
really like it if searching for 'steam' or 'chromium' in gnome-software
would bring up a text that said something like: The software you are
looking for is available from a third-party repository. Do you want to
enable it ?

Matthias