Fedora Workstation product name

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Wed Nov 6 12:22:59 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> On Tue, Nov 05, 2013 at 11:25:18AM -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> > The Fedora Workstation effort (not a great name, by the way), is brand
>
> It doesn't have to end up with that name, for the record. That's just a
> working title and indicative of the conversation at Flock. Peter Jones had
> suggested "Fedora Client", and there were some others as well.

Can we go one level up - should even Fedora be a name of a product? With
Server/Workstation/Cloud and other as variants? Or can we treat Fedora as
a project covering all different products using different names?

You don't use M*soft Server but W*ows Server produced by that company...

KDE guys tried this rebranding a long time ago, it never worked very well due
to miscommunication in the very beginnings (KDE SC...). I was involved in
discussion at Akademy with many red faces screaming "noo, don't do that, noo"
but actually it makes sense. And even more sense to productised Fedora...

Jaroslav