[Fedora Base Design WG] Committee FESCO approved, next steps

Phil Knirsch pknirsch at redhat.com
Wed Nov 6 13:27:55 UTC 2013

> On 11/04/2013 11:07 AM, Phil Knirsch wrote:
>> Hi everyone.
>>
>> A quick update from my side regarding the Base Design WG:
>>
>> - My proposed committee was approved by FESCO last Wednesday. One
>> negative vote came from Stephen Gallagher that he would have very
>> much preferred to have Lennart instead of Harald or Josh on the
>> committee.
>>

> To be completely clear, I said I would have preferred having Lennart
> on the WG. I did not state that I thought Harald or Josh should not be
> members. That's an important distinction, I think :)
>
> I felt strongly enough that Lennart belonged on this group that I
> chose to cast a token vote, knowing that it would not affect the outcome.

Apologies if i phrased that a badly. I didn't intend to either play down
your opinion or the importance and contributions of Lennart. I
definitely hope he will participate and contribute to the Base WG even
if he isn't a voting member of the committee.

After all, in my personal opinion the committee's decision should
strongly be influenced exactly by that kind of participation and input
from interested parties. And taking in all aspects and weighing them
based on feasibility, resources, importance and other criteria everyone
will have and then, as a group, come to a final decision that everyone
can and will support.

Thanks & regards, Phil

--
Philipp Knirsch              | Tel.:  +49-711-96437-470
Manager Core Services        | Fax.:  +49-711-96437-111