Draft Product Description for Fedora Workstation

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Wed Nov 6 14:04:35 UTC 2013

On Wed, Nov 06, 2013 at 01:25:29AM +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> But many of those concerns are inherent to the concept of "sandboxed
> applications" or the methods of delivery they'd enable and cannot possibly
> be addressed, ever. The whole concept is fatally flawed.

I'd suggest trying a different hat than just black.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_Thinking_Hats

Suggest to also think of how to address concerns. At the moment, it
seems you want to bribe programs to accept a complicated and long
process (distributions) because the alternative might be too easy
(apps).

This highlights a concern, not a "fatal flaw". The flaw IMO is within
the distribution method. It takes a long time and currently there is
nothing that makes it easy. Luckily there is no other method at the
moment to archive that.

Say you have this new application and you want to provide it to (most)
Linux users *now* (not 6+ months later). There should be an answer for
that.

--
Regards,
Olav