Package reviev : tayga

William Brown william at firstyear.id.au
Wed Nov 6 14:16:56 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-11-06 at 14:41 +0400, Alexey I. Froloff wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 06, 2013 at 05:14:22PM +1030, William Brown wrote:
> > I have attached the SRPM of what I have created.
> I just figured, that you are asking questions before actually
> creating review request...

There is a different way to make an "official" request? (It's a learning
process ...)

> > Should the ifup/ifdown script generate the tayga.conf on the fly to
> > say /var/run/tmp somewhere from values provided in the ifup / ifdown?
> Better configure NAT64 in ifcfg-* files and generate tayga.conf.
> That approach worked in OpenWRT ;-)

Yep, I'll work on this in the next few days.

> Don't forget, that it is possible to configure static V4-V6
> mappings.  It could be placed into /e/s/n-s/nat64-$DEVICE file or
> whatsoever.
>
> Avoid using "REALDEVICE" variable - it is being used somewhere
> inside network-scripts.

I'll stick to ${DEVICE}. What does ${REALDEVICE} do then?

> You still have hardcoded "nat64" interface name in ifdown-nat64
> script.

Oops. I thought I fixed that.

> > Additionally, what I have in these scripts should really be reviewed, as
> > I have never written them before.
> I can help with that if you test it - I only have tayga on
> OpenWRT box.

Once I make the changes you suggest, I'll let you know so yo ucan have a
test.

> > Finally, tayga is a long running process, as such, I have enabled the
> > hardened build. It is possible to run as an alternate user and in a
> > chroot of it's DB dir. What is the best way to go about adding a user
> > for this package for the daemon to run as?
> This is described here - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:UsersAndGroups
>
> Also, take a look at other packages, like qemu-common.

Again, will look at.

Thanks for your time.

--
Sincerely,