[Fedora Base Design WG] Committee FESCO approved, next steps

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Nov 6 14:57:52 UTC 2013

On Wed, Nov 06, 2013 at 15:38:10 +0100,
   Phil Knirsch <pknirsch at redhat.com> wrote:

>But i do like the idea of well "Overlap" releases? Where most of the
>release would stay stable in a sense of API/ABI and we could still
>bring out a newer release.

Since we have a system where multiple kernel types can be installed, maybe
we could use that to have a latest stable kernel package and a latest
long term support kernel package. This will take more kernel team resources
and may have some issues if the graphics drivers devs want to take
advantage of a new feature that isn't going to be back ported to stable.