OpenH264 in Fedora

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed Nov 6 15:47:15 UTC 2013

Am 06.11.2013 16:40, schrieb Alberto Ruiz:
> On Wed, 2013-11-06 at 16:15 +0100, Reindl Harald wrote:
>>> It's only a nightmare because we've steadfastly refused to build the
>>> tools to a) track library bundling inside app-bundles b) automate bundle
>>> rebuilds c) force replacement of bundle contents either by sysadmin
>>> action or by policy.
>>>
>>> Let's not confuse the current state of the world with the world we'd
>>> like to build.
>>
>> if you are doing all the above statet you re-invent the wheel
>> currently existing with the name RPM or DEB.....

and what have the response below to do with "automate bundle rebuilds"
and "force replacement of bundle contents" which was the answer to
"a security nightmare"?

the bundle is a bundle because as RPM it could not use the
system library because it needs specific runtime versions

so they are *not* updated with YUM, if you now start to replace libraries
in bundles with fixed versions you modify the bundle and only god knows
which exact versions are compatible and what versions if "yourlib.so"
are used by different bundles - replace them an you may break them

replace them not and you have a security nightmare
so what is the magic solution for this and how should it be applied?