Draft Product Description for Fedora Workstation

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu Nov 7 15:57:06 UTC 2013

On Thu, 7 Nov 2013 15:45:13 +0100
"Nicolas Mailhot" <nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net> wrote:
...snip...

> It's not blinders it's the natural reaction of people to tactless
> pronouncements and dismissals. I do wish the people complaining about
> this list focused more on technical aspects and less on hype or
> we-ll-decide-somewhere-else-even-though-it-concerns-you.

Thats one thing that puzzles me about this thread... this is all from:

"Work towards a system where applications can be installed inside a
container to improve security and simplify compatibility through
library bundling"

Which basically says that the working group is going to work on that.
There's actually 0 technical details on how the implemetation will work
out, or even if it will.

Perhaps we could move this back to productive and suggest that the
working group amend their PRD to have something like:

"Investigate the implementation and usage for application containers"
and then we can discuss details when there actually are some?

kevin