Draft Product Description for Fedora Workstation

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu Nov 7 20:15:58 UTC 2013

On Thu, 7 Nov 2013 20:50:28 +0100
Olav Vitters <olav at vitters.nl> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 07, 2013 at 08:57:06AM -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > Which basically says that the working group is going to work on
> > that. There's actually 0 technical details on how the implemetation
> > will work out, or even if it will.
>
> http://www.superlectures.com/guadec2013/sandboxed-applications-for-gnome
>
> So there have been lots of thought and work going into this. But maybe
> more needs to be written down in the proposal as you mentioned.

Thats one possible implementation sure.

Yeah, ideally a write up with pros/cons, work outstanding that needs to
still be done, what things are acceptable for shipping this way and
what isn't, how they are exposed to users, how users can manage them,
how they interact with other containers that the other working groups
might be working on to meet their needs for server applications, etc.

I think it's premature to yell about something where there's not even a
detailed proposal to look at.

kevin