unaccessability

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 00:11:08 UTC 2013

HI

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 6:51 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:

> Honestly, I don't think Software is really aimed at your use case, and
> you may as well just keep using yum. It's meant to be a cool way to find
> neat software, not a comprehensive package catalog.

Part of the problem that I have with that response is that Fedora will
provide no gui for a package catalog by default and finding new software is
often interconnected with installing known software.  You go in looking for
say openarena and decide to check out what fun new games are available.
You want to read about reviews on tmux and screen and decide which one to
install.   Yum doesn't provide me with a convenient view and yumex isn't
provide me with any screenshots or reviews.   It would be awfully
convenient to have a single place for all these related tasks.

Rahul