[Base] Summary/Minutes from today's Base WG meeting (2013-11-08)

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Fri Nov 8 20:26:49 UTC 2013

Forgot one thing - the installer question.

I think it already came up tangentially in some of the workstation prd
discussions, but I think we should at least be open to the idea that the
different products need to be able to define their own install
experience.

That would imply that the 'installer' you mention as part of base should
perhaps be just a shared installer backend which can support different
frontends. I know the anaconda team has been working towards
establishing such a separation, with kickstart being the interface
between frontend and backend. I don't know how far that got though, so
maybe this is more of a long-term goal.

Just wanted to mention it.