OSGi 5 Implementation

Manuel Faux manuel.faux at conf.at
Sat Nov 9 14:25:58 UTC 2013

I'm trying to build NetBeans 7.4 under Fedora, which requires an OSGi 5
specification. NetBeans originally ships the OSGi Alliance's
specification, whose license is not compatible with Fedora, as far as I
know (http://www.osgi.org/Download/Release5?info=nothanks).

Is there any OSGi 5 implementation already in Fedora's repos I can use
for that purpose? All packages I checked so far only support OSGi 4
(Eclipse Equinox, JBoss OSGi, Apache Felix).

I found Knopflerfish, which is a OSGi 5 platform licensed under BSD
license, which would be compatible to Fedora
(http://www.knopflerfish.org/). Unfortunately this package does not yet
exist for Fedora. Building this package, would be kind of a plan B.

Manuel