What user and password to use in cloud images?

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Sat Nov 9 20:47:53 UTC 2013

On Thu, Nov 07, 2013 at 11:16:08PM +0100, Juan Orti Alcaine wrote:
> I cannot login with the user 'fedora'. I'm connected to the console (it is
> a CloudStack cloud), and have tried all combinations of ec2-user/fedora
> /passwords/without-passwords.

Oh hey. I missed that this was in CloudStack -- that's a big ol' exciting
"TODO" in the cloud-init docs, but I believe that code was merged to make it
work with CloudStack's metadata provider.

> Should I report a bug or I am missing something?

We don't have anyone actively working on CloudStack support right now,
although several members of the cloud WG run it. If you'd like to help (in
any way -- testing alone is huge!) please join ius in the cloud sig:

  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Cloud_SIG

and make this more awesome.