OpenH264 in Fedora

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 16:43:34 UTC 2013

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 5:17 PM, Björn Persson
<bjorn at xn--rombobjrn-67a.se> wrote:
> drago01 wrote:
>>Well you make it sound like that had any effect on the outcome but the
>>slides say that Fedora and Debian simply do not matter.
>
> Whose slides?
>
> I guess you meant this one:
> http://webrtcis.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/img_2881.jpeg

Yeah.

> That was Jonathan Rosenberg from Cisco arguing that WebRTC can succeed
> even if operating systems don't ship the mandatory codec. Presumably he
> tried to convince the audience that browsers will either bundle or
> auto-download Cisco's OpenH264.
>
> Cisco doesn't control the IETF you know.

They don't but that does not mean that there statement is wrong or
that others do not agree with it. Anyway my point was rather in order
to promote freedom we need a larger userbase, which is a wakeup call
for people that keep arguing "who cares about users" etc.