Core file location and abrt

Braden McDaniel braden at endoframe.com
Mon Nov 11 20:50:46 UTC 2013

[I sent this to the users list a little while ago, but got no takers.
Hopefully I'll have better luck here.]

I'd like to ensure core files go to a local partition rather than the
default location ($HOME), which is network-mounted in my case.

Googling a bit, I found this:

        https://access.redhat.com/site/solutions/61536

In light of that, a few questions...

Does this still apply to abrt in Fedora 19?

That page suggests that when abrt is in use, core files would be
generated in the location set by abrt, which defaults
to /var/spool/abrt.  However, I have abrtd running and I'm definitely
getting core files in $HOME.  Does abrt just make a copy to put
in /var/spool/abrt?

Might my problem be resolved as simply as telling abrt not to make a
copy?  I'd be fine with just having the core files in /var/spool/abrt.
Otherwise, I imagine I'd like them somewhere named /var/users/$USER/dump
(or similar).  How do I do that and continue to play nicely with abrt?

--
Braden McDaniel <braden at endoframe.com>