unaccessability

Peter Oliver lists.fedoraproject.org at mavit.org.uk
Wed Nov 13 13:17:18 UTC 2013

On Sun, 10 Nov 2013, Ian Malone wrote:

> I think it's perfectly reasonable that there could be a
> GUI program can install components and terminal commands. After all we
> can start GUI programs from the command line.

I think everyone agrees with this.  Indeed, we already have yumex, which is not going away as far as I'm aware.

The question is, should this particular GUI program, gnome-software, be able to do that, given that it's target audience seems to be users and not system administrators?  Users who, nowadays, presumably often bring with them expectations gained from using Google Play and the Apple App Store.

(I guess a follow-on question is, should this particular GUI be the default GUI for installing software?  One could imagine that perhaps it would be in Fedora Workstation but not in Fedora Server, for example)

--
Peter Oliver