[pkgdb2] call for testers, bug reports and RFE

Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek zbyszek at in.waw.pl
Wed Nov 13 14:20:30 UTC 2013

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 02:52:27PM +0100, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> - The idea of "owner" of a package disapear. There are only maintainers on which
> one of them appears to be the dedicated "point of contact" for this package (ie:
> the person that gets the bugs in bugzilla).
Why this new terminology? I think it'll just lead to confusion, since
the new term is hard to use in casual conversation ("I'm the point of
contact on x in Fedora" feels awkward compared "I'm the owner of x
in Fedora") and people will probably stick to the old one. Maybe
even using "maintainer" + "co-maintainer" might be better, because
in normal circumstances who is the owner and who is the co-maintainer
matters only to the people involved in the package, and is irrelevant
for most uses.

Zbyszek