[pkgdb2] call for testers, bug reports and RFE

Pierre-Yves Chibon pingou at pingoured.fr
Wed Nov 13 16:59:55 UTC 2013

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 04:57:38PM +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Nov 2013 14:52:27 +0100, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
>
> > The development instance of pkgdb2 is at:
> >
> >   http://209.132.184.188/
>
> That page says "Version 1.0.0" at the top and "0.1.0" at the bottom,
> and you refer to it as pkgdb2.
>
> > - The idea of "owner" of a package disapear. There are only maintainers on which
> > one of them appears to be the dedicated "point of contact" for this package (ie:
> > the person that gets the bugs in bugzilla).
>
> Why not call it "Bugzilla assignee" then?

Because I do not want us to be linked to a specific bug tracker.

> "Point of contact" is misleading. Other maintainers may acquire the
> "watchbugzilla" access and may be contacted, too. It's just a limitation
> of bugzilla that there can only be a single default assignee.

Agree on the second part (limitation of bugzilla), but watchbugzilla basically
puts you on the cc list of the bug report while being the point of contact
actually assigns the bug to you.
If we ever get to a place/time where tickets can be assigned to multiple people,
then I guess the notion of 'point of contact' will just vanish and we will be
able to assign tickets to all the maintainers of the package.

> What will happen to the SRPM-owner@ email alias?

Currently I believe it sends email to all the users any ACL on the package.
At the moment we didn't plan on making any changes so it should work just the
same.
There has been some thoughts about changing this with maybe two aliases:
- SRPM-maintainers at fp.o to go to all people having 'commmit' ACL on the package
- SRPM-watchers at fp.o to go to all people with an ACL (whatever the ACL) on the
  package
But nothing planned/decided/fixed in stone.

Pierre