How to escape question mark / equality sign in spec's source URI to get proper source name

Jan Lieskovsky jlieskov at redhat.com
Thu Nov 14 10:01:11 UTC 2013

Hello guys,

     I have one source which has the form of (in the last part of it's URI):
  "checklist-cce-feed?id=295" (the source doesn't seem to be available otherwise
than via aforementioned query string - or at least I wasn't able to obtain
it's final location past the query => if you known there's a way how to find
out the final file location past the query string would be expanded, let me know).

    For now I present that source URI in the particular spec in it's original form
(including the query string to avoid rpmlint to complain about non-existing
source, and later in the %install moving that source to some more meaningful
name). This works on RHEL5 (maybe question mark / equality sign not having
special meaning there yet?), but not for example at Fedora-19.

     At Fedora 19 rpmbuild strips off the part till equality sign, iow
"checklist-cce-feed?id=" from the source and searches only for '295' =>
rpmbuild fails with a complain not being able to find "rpmbuild/SOURCES/295"
file.

     Have tried to provide source URI in (simple, double) quotes, or escape
both of ?, and = characters with backslash, but without any luck (it's visible
it won't work in the spec already, since having highlighted the syntax the last
source URI part isn't taken / understood as a whole - being in same color already).

Wondering if someone needed to solve something like the above already, and what
the workaround has been (somehow define the last part of the source URI via %global
variable to avoid this?)

Thank you && Regards, Jan.
--
Jan iankko Lieskovsky / Red Hat Security Technologies Team