F20 Beta upgrade issues - network status gone

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 14:36:02 UTC 2013

>> > - I don't have any Bluetooth status or display in gnome-shell now.  I
>> >   did previously.  I do not know what I need to install or tweak to get
>> >   it back, or where to report it.
>>
>> I'm not as sure about this one, but it's probably the same thing: no
>> 'status' will be displayed unless there's something useful to display
>> (like a paired device).
>
> Yes, the bluetooth icon shows up on the top bar when you've paired a
> device. In that case you also get a bluetooth submenu in the system
> status. I just tried with my phone.

Strangely I always have a bluetooth network menu even though i don't
have any bluetooth networks configured but I do have a number of
bluetooth devices (mouse, speakers, headset) that I use to be able to
connect with a couple of clicks once paired but now every time I want
to use them I have to go into the control panel which is a good dozen
or more clicks.

Peter