What is support status of PowerVR GPUs in Fedora? (Intel D2500 and gma500_gfx)

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Nov 15 10:04:12 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 09:26:36AM +0100, valent.turkovic at gmail.com wrote:
> So I have three options to suggest to my friend:
> - Latest Fedora or Mint but with Vesa driver only, and maybe can't
> even get full resolution then
> - Old Ubuntu (but still supported) + prorietary drivers
> - full blown priprietary - Windows 7 + Intel/PowerVR driver

There also exist USB-based GPUs, ie. external GPUs that plug into
laptops (or any machine) using USB.

Although I don't think it's worth rescuing this "cheap 13" laptop" by
spending yet more money on hardware which might have its own driver
issues.

Probably best to get rid of it on eBay and buy a decent laptop.  The
ARM-based Samsung Chromebook is very cheap and runs Fedora.

Rich.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW