F21 System Wide Change: Headless Java

Stanislav Ochotnicky sochotnicky at redhat.com
Fri Nov 15 12:09:32 UTC 2013

Quoting Jaroslav Reznik (2013-11-15 12:28:11)
> * (optional) Mass-change spec files that have "Requires: java" to "Requires:
> java-headless"
>
> Other developers:
> * Modify spec files to have "Requires: java-headless" instead of "Requires:
> java"
> * (note) JavaSIG has several proven packages that could assist with this
> change
>
> Release engineering:
> * mass rebuild is not necessary but it would simplify things

I would like to point out that all of the above could be simply automated. We
have done similar change when we migrated packages from "BuildRequires: maven"
to "BuildRequires: maven-local" and it worked without issues. It will save
precious developer/rel-eng time and ultimately will only break minimal amount of
packages (with simple workarounds and fixes).

--
Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky at redhat.com>
Software Engineer - Developer Experience

PGP: 7B087241