What is support status of PowerVR GPUs in Fedora? (Intel D2500 and gma500_gfx)

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 12:54:20 UTC 2013

2013/11/15 valent.turkovic at gmail.com <valent.turkovic at gmail.com>

> Thank you all for great feedback, I found these awesome online
> resources for gma500_gfx -
> https://gist.github.com/Aissen/2925633
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Poulsbo
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSupportComponentsVideoCardsPoulsbo
>
> You might have a look on enabling CONFIG_DRM_GMA600 in the fedora kernel
it it works for your device
But it will probably not lead to expected performances as already advised.

So, you can also have a  look on this
http://edc.intel.com/Software/Downloads/EMGD/. This is the proprietary
Intel/imgtech GPU driver. But it may rely on having support for the chipset
that might or might not be fully upstream. In this case, try to look at the
related tizen/meego kernel trees. This driver will enforce you to have one
or another Xorg server or kernel version.

Nicolas (kwizart)