[pkgdb2] call for testers, bug reports and RFE

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Nov 15 23:50:42 UTC 2013

Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> So please, have a look at it, play with it, break it (no seriously, do,
> but don't forget to report how you did it afterward) and if you have any
> problem/RFE feel free to note them at:
>
>   https://github.com/fedora-infra/packagedb2/

Why is this on GitHub and not on fedorahosted? Having this on fedorahosted
would allow us to file bugs using our existing Fedora accounts. It would
also make you independent of third-party proprietary (sure, they use git,
but everything else is proprietary!) infrastructure. Fedora stuff should
really be developed on Fedora infrastructure!

One thing which is probably an issue with the import process: I looked at
the package kdelibs-experimental which has been retired, as seen on pkgdb1:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/name/kdelibs-experimental
(see Status=Deprecated). Yet in pkgdb2 it shows up as a regular orphan:
http://209.132.184.188/package/kdelibs-experimental/
and offers me to retire it (which it already is) or pick it up.

Should I file a ticket for that on GitHub?

        Kevin Kofler