[pkgdb2] call for testers, bug reports and RFE

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sat Nov 16 01:01:01 UTC 2013

On Sat, 16 Nov 2013 00:50:42 +0100
Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:

> Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> > So please, have a look at it, play with it, break it (no seriously,
> > do, but don't forget to report how you did it afterward) and if you
> > have any problem/RFE feel free to note them at:
> >
> >   https://github.com/fedora-infra/packagedb2/
>
> Why is this on GitHub and not on fedorahosted? Having this on
> fedorahosted would allow us to file bugs using our existing Fedora
> accounts. It would also make you independent of third-party
> proprietary (sure, they use git, but everything else is proprietary!)
> infrastructure. Fedora stuff should really be developed on Fedora
> infrastructure!

We discussed this a few years ago! We decided that it was not up to us
to dictate what hosting upstream projects use, and have left it up to
developers of those projects. We have talked about getting some kind of
syncing setup so we have things also at fedorahosted for those projects
that desire it, but we don't have that in place currently.

It is sad that github doesn't support openid. ;(

> One thing which is probably an issue with the import process: I
> looked at the package kdelibs-experimental which has been retired, as
> seen on pkgdb1:
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/name/kdelibs-experimental
> (see Status=Deprecated). Yet in pkgdb2 it shows up as a regular
> orphan: http://209.132.184.188/package/kdelibs-experimental/ and
> offers me to retire it (which it already is) or pick it up.
>
> Should I file a ticket for that on GitHub?

Yes, if you can, or possibly wait and see if Pierre can just look into
the issue now that you have noted it.

kevin