how to provide Fedora torrent in background?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Nov 16 02:00:39 UTC 2013

thank you!

after some searching and trying i found "qbittorrent-nox" useful

* created a own user for it in the group "nobody"
* userhome points in the data directory where all files are saved later
* provides a nice webinterface
* after the next start it resumes whatever happened
* negative: you can limit upload but if you do so only to 50 KB/s, i had 250 KB/s in mind

well, and that way it works as systemd-unit, not trie dhow it continues to seed
after restart because i need to re-download by find no way to recognize the
existing one

[root at srv-rhsoft:/etc/systemd/system]$ systemctl status torrent.service
torrent.service - Torrent-Tracker
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/torrent.service; disabled)
   Active: active (running) since Sa 2013-11-16 02:52:12 CET; 3s ago
 Main PID: 1928 (qbittorrent-nox)
   CGroup: name=systemd:/system/torrent.service
           └─1928 /usr/bin/qbittorrent-nox --webui-port=8081

[root at srv-rhsoft:/etc/systemd/system]$ cat /etc/systemd/system/torrent.service
[Unit]
Description=Torrent-Tracker
After=network.service network-wlan-bridge.service dhcpd.service named.service

[Service]
Type=simple
ExecStart=/usr/bin/qbittorrent-nox --webui-port=8081
User=qbittorrent
Group=nobody

PrivateTmp=true
CapabilityBoundingSet=~CAP_SYS_PTRACE