F21 System Wide Change: Headless Java

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Nov 21 09:34:08 UTC 2013

Am 20.11.2013 20:56, schrieb Aleksandar Kurtakov:
> [...]

why does everyting in Fedora feels that complicated and needs "big features"
hence throw the "feature" in the basket, split java in 3 packages

* java
* java-headless
* java-x11

and you are done without waste anybodys time, *nobody* will lose and
sooner or later packages which are running headless on servers may or
may not be changed to depend only on "java-headless"

for me sometimes it feels like people forcing big features and changes
involving a lot of people to get more noticed and important instead
think about how can things be optimized with no feelable impact and
demanding anybody to take actions