Packaging changes for libev in Rawhide

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Nov 22 15:06:07 UTC 2013

Mathieu Bridon wrote:
>   * Move the headers back to /usr/include, as upstream intended
>   * Put the event.h header into a libev-libevent-devel subpackage, and
>     make it Conflicts: libevent-devel (this is what Debian did)

-1

Conflicts are evil, and this pointless conflict is very easily avoided by
moving the header to a subdirectory as the package now does.

(I actually think that BOTH libev and libevent should use a subdirectory for
their headers. event.h is a very generic header name that doesn't belong in
/usr/include at all.)

Upstream needs to comprehend that they cannot just spam their headers
directly into /usr/include; if they don't, we have no other choice than
moving them without their consent.

        Kevin Kofler