Packaging changes for libev in Rawhide

Mathieu Bridon bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Sun Nov 24 11:46:02 UTC 2013

On Sat, 2013-11-23 at 13:47 -0500, Simo Sorce wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-11-19 at 15:30 +0800, Mathieu Bridon wrote:
> > libverto
> > --------
> >
> > Upstream itself requires the pkgconfig file for libev.
> >
> > That's just a terrible idea, as it means libverto won't build on e.g
> > Debian, or with the upstream libev.
> >
> > libverto should be fixed upstream here IMHO.
>
> Libverto builds against both libevent and libev being a event loop
> abstraction library, if you make libev and libevent conflict libeverto
> cannot be built anymore.

That's why I said I wouldn't make libev-devel conflict with
libevent-devel.

I said I would put the event.h header from libev into a
libev-libevent-devel subpacke, and only this one would conflict with
libevent-devel.

I presume libverto uses ev.h from libev and event.h from libevent,
right?

In that case, it would still do that just fine even after I make the
changes.

--
Mathieu